From 21st December 2020 Hertfordshire Constabulary will be operating the new "Policing Education Qualifications Framework" (PEQF) in partnership with Anglia Ruskin University.
It is still very much about on the job training to become a Police officer but with the benefit of gaining a fully funded degree, with training delivered in partnership with Anglia Ruskin University (ARU). You will be able to earn whilst you learn!
1. The Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA)
2. Degree Holder
To be successful you will need to meet our minimum entry requirements, and demonstrate a passion and commitment to providing a first-class policing service to our communities.
The entry requirements will be a Level 3 qualification, or equivalent experience. A Level 3 qualification typically equates to 2 A levels at Grade C.
For candidates that don't have A levels at the grades mentioned above, but have 2 years relevant experience in the following areas, we will ask you to complete an online assessment and have a further discussion with you.
- Armed Forces - 4+ years experience required
- Nursing / Care Sector
- Social Work
- Youth Work
- Charity Work
- Experience in the justice and law enforcement sectors
- Police Staff - particularly Custody, public contact/demand hub/enquiry office roles, investigative roles
- PSCO or Special
- Criminal Justice sector/CPS/Courts
- Border Force
- Prison Service
- Relevant local authority experience which has involved close and sustained working with police
- Experience of emergency services - ambulance, fire
- Experience of cyber/digital and financial fraud/crimes
- Roles which have focused on promotion of equality of opportunity and inclusion
If you would like to find out more we would be happy to hear from you, then please get in touch via email, or through recruitment updates on Facebook #hertspolicejobs.